THE STANDALONE WEBSITE FOR
MAXSPEED VAPOUR BLASTING IS NOW LIVE!!
information in the page below will remain but won't be updated so please go to our new website for more information, photos, links, etc.....
Maxspeed Vapour Blasting
We are Maxspeed Vapour Blasting, sister company to Kent MX5 Services.
We are based in Tenterden, Kent offering vapour blasting, degreasing and rust removal services.
Do you have something you need vapour blasted? If so give us a call on 07412 061296 or drop us an
email at: email@example.com or
You can also contact us via our Facebook page below.
What is Vapour Blasting?
Vapour blasting (aquablasting, hyroblasting) is a wet blasting process which uses a specialised, non-destructive slurry of media to remove debris from a variety of
components. This slurry contains water and fine beads, delivered via compressed air within a sealed cabinet. The process achieves an outstanding, fine finish which cannot be achieved by hand due to
the lubrication and flushing action.
The media travels across the surface, gently cleaning the component by flow of water - not by impact - so it doesn't remove any of the structural material. Since the
water acts as a lubricant to the media - like a cushioning effect - there is no damage to the underlying component... and yes, that includes aluminium, steel and magnesium too!
We purchased our 'Aquablast 915' machine to speed up the cleaning stage of our engine re-build process. Dismantling, degreasing and removing years of debris and
contamination from engine components during the engine re-build process was taking several days and we needed to find a better solution.
However, the 'Aquablast' machine has a myriad of uses for all kinds of components and materials across many different industries, so we decided to spread the word by
sharing Maxspeed Vapour Blasting with a wider audience!
OUR AQUABLAST 915 MACHINE IS THE SAME AS YOU WILL SEE
FEATURED ON "WHEELER DEALERS" PROGRAM ON TELEVISION !
CHECK OUT OUR NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE UPDATES ON WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO AND LOTS MORE 'BEFORE AND AFTER'
De-greasing and de-rusting facilities
We have grease and rust removing facilities that we can use to prepare items before they go into the vapour blasting cabinet. We've also been using these to help
clean up greasy or rusty items around our workshop.
Advantages of Vapour Blasting
- Refurbishes used parts by removing years of dirt, grease, rust, paint, scale, carbon, oil, grime and contamination
- Achieves outstanding results which are impossible to achieve by hand
- Cheaper than buying new components
- Gentle, selective, adjustable and non-damaging (critical for rare items)
- An impressive range of adjustments can be made to the water-borne abrasive e.g. mix of media, blast pressure, distance from blast gun
- Dust-free process with no static build-up
- Effectively and easily removes debris e.g. rust, grease, carbon, paint
- Does not impregnate media on soft materials (i.e. cylinder heads/ pistons)
- Achieves a fine finish due to the lubrication and flushing action
- Includes an anti-corrosive agent
- Leaves components immediately ready to paint
- A variety of media will achieve different finishes
Typical Uses for Vapour Blasting
- Removal of rust, limescale, carbon, discolouration & engineering deposits
- Mechanical restorations and automotive maintenance
- Degreasing/ surface finishing of components
- Surface preparation prior to bonding, re-painting or re-coating
- Satin finishing of stainless steels, aluminium & other special materials
- Suitable for various ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Cleaning of PCBs & electrical connectors
- Cleaning of dies & moulds
- Removal of small burrs from manufactured components
- Used in many industries including F1 teams, classic and vintage car restorations, aerospace, electronics, military, motorcycles, marine/boating
Rinse & Repeat....
As far as engines go, we fully understand the concerns you have about tolerances being changed via a cleaning process and also any media residue being left in the
internal organs of your engine. We take great pride in our work, so we are very thorough with our "rinse and repeat" method for removing media!
Our rinse solutions contain a lightweight anti-corrosive agent, so once the components have been dried, inspected and photographed they
resist corrosion a little longer than normal. It goes without saying that common sense must be applied, so you will need to ensure you keep items dry and either lubricate, powder coat or paint - as
appropriate - before installing them in the usual way.
We also apply an anti-corrosive agent called ACF-50 to external screw threads and any parts prone to flash rusting. ACF-50 is a little
like WD40, but with additional rust-prevention properties.
For metal components the Vapour Blasting process will take them back to bare metal, so any metals that would tarnish/oxidise naturally
when exposed to air will still do this as usual. Even condensation can cause corrosion and we can't stop that happening once items have left our premises!
When you're handling the finished item the finish is 'touch proof' and it can be painted immediately.
The Customer Process
- Customer sends us photos of items
- Discussion of pre-vapour blasting stage and end result requirements
- Customer receives quote & sends components to us
- Items received & checked by us to confirm they are as expected
- Process steps 1 - 4 are performed as necessary (see diagram below)
- Photos are taken and sent to the customer, discussion of any findings as necessary
- Items are packaged and returned to the customer once payment has been received OR customer makes payment and collects items
Prices depend entirely upon size, complexity and condition of the component in question. Each job will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
For example (most are in photos below)
- Mazda MX5 wishbone £30-40 approx.
- Mazda MX5 differential casing £50 approx
- Brake caliper £20-30 approx
Each job will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and will depend
entirely upon how long your item takes to be completed to the correct finish.
As an example, the preparation step to remove heavy rust, grease or paint may take longer than the actual time taken to vapour blast the item. The rinsing and drying
process can also be quite time consuming for a complex part e.g. engine component such as a cylinder head.
So, if your item is very greasy, painted or badly rusted it will cost more for the preparation steps. Additionally, if your items are quite complex (lots of awkward
surfaces, difficult to get to, nooks and crannies etc) this will also cost more than something quite simple because the vapour blasting, rinsing and drying will take significantly longer. So yes,
size is one factor, but complexity and contamination are the main decision factors which impact the price. The less time it takes to prepare, vapour blast and rinse therefore the lower the cost.
We take great pride in our work and we want to ensure quality control and customer satisfaction above all else.
Postage/delivery costs are extra.
Address: Kent MX5 Services, Unit G2 Parkgate Centre, Cranbrook Road, Tenterden, Kent. TN30 6UP
Telephone: 07412 061296
CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE UPDATES ON WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO AND LOTS MORE 'BEFORE AND AFTER'